On behalf of the Board of Directors, MWA, and the P&E Awards Judging Panel, we would like to congratulate the winners of the 2021 P&E Awards, and all municipalities that submitted this year.
The Promotion and Education Awards recognize outstanding achievements by Municipal Waste Association members for the use of promotion, education, and public engagement activities that have led to better waste management practices across our communities.
Congratulations to our 2021 P&E Award Winners:
Campaign (Large Municipality):
1. Niagara Region: Box it. Bin it. Sort it: 2020 Curbside Collection Service Level Changes
2. EWSWA: Bye, Bye Plastic Bags!
3. Toronto: Litter Emoji campaign
Campaign (Small Municipality)
1. Wellington County: Curbside Collection Programme Changes (July 2020)
2. Dufferin County: Let’s Sort it Out!
1. Dysart et al: “Let’s Protect The Environment Together” children’s activity book
2. Dufferin County: Diversion Digest: Food Waste Edition
3. Barrie: 2020 Waste Collection Calendar
Social Media & Online Strategy
1. Waterloo Region: Virtual tour of landfill operations and the recycling centre
2. Dysart et al: 2020 Waste Reduction Week in Canada
3. Toronto: Love Food Hate Waste
Community Engagement & Outreach Program
1. Peel Region: Region of Peel’s Virtual Waste Workshops delivered by Ecosource
2. Northumberland County: Facebook Live! with Dan Orr
3. Toronto: Community Reduce and Reuse Programs (CRRP)
“Surprise Us” Category
1. Norfolk County: Household Hazardous Waste Appointment Based Event Days
2. Haldimand County: County Fair Robot Challenge
3. Barrie: Try out your green bin and rethink waste!
For a video recording of the MWA 2021 AGM & P&E Awards Ceremony & presentation slide decks, go to the MWA Resources page on the Members Portal. Find sample materials from the winning 2021 P&E Awards submissions on the P&E Committee page on the Members Portal.