Who Should Attend
Collection personnel, supervisors and managers who have responsibility for the collection and disposal of municipal solid waste.
- Identify components of the waste stream
- Understand the various options for recovery and disposal of waste
- Identify proven methods and equipment for the collection of municipal solid waste
- Understand the importance of safe operation in everyday collections;
- Answer customer questions and concerns in a positive manner.
The SWANA course covers common topics applicable to the collection, recovery, and disposal of municipal solid waste (MSW) including:
- Components of an integrated solid waste system
- Collection service types, levels, and methods
- Collection equipment
- Safety practices in solid waste collection
- Equipment and on-route operations
Note: Contact the SWANA Ontario office for a multi-staff registration discount